In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited instituti ,on establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Dr. Kuntal Kanti Chattoraj
Prof. Santimoy Khan, Associate Professor
Head of the Dept., Dept. of Political Science
Prof. Kalpana Mitra, Associate Professor
Head of the Dept., Dept. of Philosophy
Prof. Tusar Kanti Chand, Associate Professor
Head of the Dept., Dept. of Bengali
Prof. Anup Kumar Mandal, Assistant Professor
Head of the Dept., Dept. of History
Prof. Kartik Mondal, Assistant Professor
Head of the Dept., Dept. of Mathematics
Prof. Tapas Halder, Assistant Professor
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematics
Prof. Prodyut Kumar Hota
Part-Time Teacher, Dept. of History
Prof. Rakhahari Sinhamahaparta
Part-Time Teacher, Dept. of Bengali
Prof. Sukumar Sannigrahi
Dr. Siddhartha Gupta
Principal, Bankura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith
To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Pandit Raghunath Murmu Smriti Mahavidyalaya;
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC shall have the following functions ============================================
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the College.
2. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
3. Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
4. Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
5. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
6. Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement.
7. Acting as a nodal agency of the College for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
8. Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
9. Development of Quality Culture in the College.
10. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
11. IN terms of UGC Regulation 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping Cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
1. The AQAR shall be approved by the Governing Body of PRMS Mahavidyalaya for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
2. The College shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC/other accreditation bodies, state level quality assurance bodies, NAAC / other accreditation bodies.
3. PRMS Mahavidyalaya shall submit AQARs and/or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
4. The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
3. Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices;
4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
Annual Quality Assessment Report (AQAR)
AQAR for the Year 2011-2012
AQAR for the Year 2012-2013
AQAR for the Year 2013-2014
AQAR for the Year 2014-2015
AQAR for the Year 2015-2016
Self Study Report (SSR)
SSR for Assessment & Re-Accreditation [Cycle - 2]
Pandit Raghunath Murmu Smriti Mahavidyalaya
Dist.-Bankura, West Bengal, India